Officials Resources and Registration
Basketball Referee Sign-Up
Do you have a child in 7th grade or higher who wants to earn some money as a referee?
Adults welcomed and encouraged to participate as well!
We are looking for players and parents with some basketball knowledge to referee games for our 3rd- 8th. Grades!
Refs will be required to provide their own transportation to games. Games are played on Saturdays in Stillwater.
Pay varies by age level being reffed and there are multiple game opportunities.
Use the link below to sign-up to be a 2023-24 youth basketball referee.
Information For All Referees and Umpires
To sign-up to be a VAA Youth Sports Official, do the following:
- Go to www.scvaa.org
- Go to the Officials Tab at the top of the page. (You are Here)
- Use the Sports Official Signup link, for the sport you are interested in?, at the top of the Officials Page to enter your contact information. Please note: All parents and players who have previously played in the VAA will have either a parent or player User ID number or name in the system. You should use that number or name when signing up. There is a Forgot User ID or Password Tool located on the login page. You may need to set up a password at this time also. If you have never been part of the VAA, you will not have a User ID number and will have to enter all your contact information for the first time to get a User ID Number.
- Once you have signed up to be an Official, the VAA Officials Coordinator will need to authorize you as an official and that may take up to 48 hours. Once you have been authorized as an official, you will then be able to login to the VAA as an Official, receive emails...etc.
To login to the VAA as an Official and set Availability Preference:
- Go to: www.scvaa.org
- Using your User ID Number or Name and password, login to the VAA website, www.scvaa.org, at the upper right corner.
- Once logged in you should now see a new tab called “Referee” across the top of the page or in the drop down menu on a phone.
- Click on the “Referee” tab and select your name. (Multiple names may appear if more than one family member has signed up to be an official.)
- Select “Availability Preference” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your available days, times, etc. information for the Umpire Coordinator to use to assign game nights and times.
Resources and Forms for Youth Sports Officials
Baseball/Softball Umpire Coordinator: Scott Finberg :